Sunday, November 30, 2008

Countdown to Christmas

Another post I wrote a while ago...but didn't post...enjoy!

Being that Lil’ Monkey is due Christmas Eve, it’s a fun countdown to the holidays. I think I’ll be mildly disappointed if he/she doesn’t show up on/near/around Christmas Eve or Christmas Day…since we’re counting down to that date!

Most people who have leveraged guesses on due date have it pegged for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and even the day after Christmas…

In preparation, we assembled the Christmas Tree on November 11 – yes…I know…it’s early. I was actually surprised that Jamie indulged to let me put it up that soon, but I didn’t want to take chances that we wouldn’t get it up. Now mind you, it has no ornaments on it yet…that’s a project for this weekend! I tried to convince Jamie he should put up the outside lights…but he flat out refused…You can’t win them all.

We also have a plan to have a small Christmas tree ready at the front door in case I end up in the hospital on Christmas. (It was Jamie’s idea and I think it’s so sweet!)

So, let the countdown to Christmas begin…who cares that Halloween has only been over for 2 weeks or that Thanksgiving hasn’t happened…Bring on the holiday spirit, the music and the decorations. The holidays are a state of mind, a time that gives us warm, fuzzy feelings and a time to be grateful for blessings, family and friends and well, all I can say is…I’m ready!

No comments: