Friday, August 1, 2008

Very Superstitious!!!

For me, "coincidences" have more meaning than they might to the average person. I relish in the superstitions of old wives tales, thoughts of karma and funny quirks more than the average person. So...what happened as we pulled up to the hospital seems like some SERIOUS foreshadowing!

So in an ode to 'Twas the Night Before Christmas I give you: 'Twas the day of our Ultrasound:

The appointment was made in advance and with care,
our chance to see our baby that soon would be there!

Driving to the ultrasound, our hearts were aflutter,
soon we'd see the baby that made me a mother.

As we approached the office, oh what did appear?
But a jolly old man with a full white beard!

His hair was as white as new fallen snow
and his bright red shirt seemed to give off a glow.

I knew at that moment - It must be St. Nick!
He said not a word, but went straight to his car,
smiling at us from a far.

And then in a twinkling, I knew in my heart,
this Christmas will bring us the best gift of all...Lil' Monkey, our baby and our new start!

No comments: