Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Beginning

So, they say this is the best place to start.

To begin, I'll explain the blog's name. First off, you have to know my family and our love of monkeys...ever since I was 10 and my Dad brought me a stuffed monkey, "Charlie," when I was in the hospital...my family became hooked on the things and the love grew from there.

So, when Jamie and I found out we were expecting we wanted to come up with a name to call the baby...For the first bit, we called it "Grape Ape" because it was the size of a grape...which really seemed like the most amazing thing in the world to us...that something the size of a grape could become our newest family member.

As the baby has gotten bigger, we've decided to call it "Lil' Monkey" considering it is "monkeying" around as it grows big and strong...So, this is the story of "Lil' Monkey's Big Adventure."

We hope you enjoy what will be a compilation of stories, revelations and preparations as we embark on our adventure.

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Rocco says hi to Lil Monkey!

HaansArt said...

Thanks for including Aunt Kathleen and I in your baby making process... WHAT? Ok, ok, I meant the baby growing journey... Hold it! Ok, ok, I meant to say... Thanks for including us in your Lil' Monkey's Big Adventure. We love it -- and we love you. I will see you (three) on the 4th of July (but Aunt Kathleen can't make it). Love you, Uncle Haans

Derric Smith aka get@me1 said...

cool blog,welcome blogging!!!! It is cool to share what is going on.

craftigirlinthalou said...

Yay! I can't wait to hear your adventures!

Laura said...

So exciting! Can't wait to hear your experiences!